- Imagine yourself having everything you want to achieve. This could be a skill or an accomplishment, or a specific success in your program… passing through a certain weight – heading toward a lower size… reaching the goal of 45 minutes of exercise, listening to the CDs faithfully every day… whatever it might be.
- Think ahead. See in your mind what the benefits are within your situation. Imagine you already have the benefits of your new lifestyle or accomplishment– what do you get out of it? What happens?
- See yourself doing what you need to do to get it (the steps you need to take). Enjoy each part of the quest. See yourself successful at every turn.
- Hear the compliments you get from doing it right. Feel the satisfying emotions you experience from that success. Make it real. How does it excitement and happiness feel in your body?
- Use your mind to rehearse taking action.
ENDING FRUSTRATING INTERNAL DEBATE:
Part of your old dieting thinking is to analyze too much and “make deals” with yourself whether to take the action needed to be successful. Know that decisions cause action, and action creates your success. This internal debate (should I? shouldn’t I?) is normal, but it will only side-track you. Your job is to train yourself out of those old thinking traps.
There is NO “logical thought” that works against your goal! If you are thinking in a logical manner, you will be planning the steps to get your goal and then taking those actions every day. One step at a time… putting all the little things you need to do together every day creates success.
You have decided to succeed. So take action and believe completely in what you are doing. Of course, you will have learning ups and downs… but you have made your final decision to succeed. So just keep going. Replace old, unwanted fear or self-doubt with your new beliefs. Make them achievable and your goals well-formed.
Let critical, negative thought disappear and just believe in what you need to do. If you get overwhelmed, make the steps in your process smaller. You achieve success because you take action!